Friday 27 July 2012

Works in Progress

Where have I been?

Funnily enough after a while, I do start to miss updating my little blog!

I have been knitting a bit. Added a few more squares to my Blankie (I have got to figure out how to get links to work in the blog, while using the Blogger app on my phone). I got my last shipment of nomnoms grin Gritty Knits. She'll still be selling them but not on a month to month basis. I just have to say, I adore the feeling of the yarn she uses for the nomnoms; 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere and 10% Nylon. When I get money again I will buy a full skein of this yarn. It feels so nice to the touch while knitting and so does the finished square. [1]

I finished the ribbing for my Addi Cardi for the front right piece. I have barely touched it since I started my Blankie. Considering I'm making it out of Wool of the Andes from KnitPicks, as long as I finish it before November, I should be good.

On going projects that I still have to finish:
1) Wanida Socks by Cookie A. for my aunt. Currently at the heels for both feet.
2) Multnomah Shawl for my mom. I'm about 3/4 of the way before the feather and fan section
3) Black Rose Socks for my BFF. I have restarted these socks way too many times and each time, I find myself liking the yarn less and less. I may just pull out one of my nicer Springtree Road yarns and make with that instead.

I have also been asked to do 2 pairs if socks for my self-appointed adopted grandparents. One has to be made out of cotton (and I hate knitting with cotton) and the other can be made out of wool. I have to actually purchase cotton sock yarn. First KnitPicks purchase I can make, I'll put in the order for that.

One more thing! I hear that ChiaoGoo is making an Interchangeable set if needles, in both bamboo and stainless steel. I think I'd actually make an LYS purchase for that, instead of ordering it online.

On the job front, I'm still unemployed. Signed up with a job agency, and I'm dropping off a bunch if résumés at some retail places. Hopefully, I can at the very least get a part-time job for the back to school season.

Happy knitting to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment