Friday 3 August 2012

Still unemployed but now there's a plan

So severance has been done for a month and a half and employment insurance (ei) now has to be kicked in. There was an issue when I employed but it's all been fixed and I should start getting something next week.

In Ontario, we have the option of going for a second career (aka: I get to go to school and not be completely broke while doing it or being in debt when it's over). According to my eligibility report, I have to wait 26 weeks from my last day of employment before I can apply for the program. That's another 3 months. Which according to the advisor I was talking with, I won't have the time to get in for the winter semester but I can get into a summer semester, if the school offers it then. I'm assuming next fall will be my first day of classes.

Off to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment