Monday 27 August 2012

The cakes and the swatch

I started to cake the yarn for my Lissajous. I was aiming for 3 50g cakes per skein. I ended up with 5 mini skeins and 1 ball (that has already been confiscated by my Blankie). The total weight was supposed to be 150g and it weighed in without the label as 160g :) Sa-weet! I haven't finished caking the other skein yet but I am in the midst of working on it. Definitely be done either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I don't know if it's just me but I am not fond of doing straight knit stitched. The garter scarf I made was pure torture. This is also the main reason I don't like doing swatches. It's do tedious and boring.

I still did it because I wanted to see how the colours would look together, especially if I switched every 4 rows. Turns out that it looks okay. The stripping is very subtle and you probably wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it.

As for the whole measuring for gauge? Well I'm not home right now but I did pack up my knitting. And I brought everything except my tape measures.

I also have to find an effective way of changing the colours as I go. I'm getting a bit of bunching at the ends that I am no liking but I may not have that issue when I'm knitting in the round, instead of flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment