Wednesday 15 August 2012

It's Coming!

I have had nothing but love when I discovered ChiaoGoo Red Lace needles, thanks to Ravelry. Once I used them for the 2nd foot of my Mona Socks, I was hooked and promptly bought sizes 1.5US - 5US, in varying lengths. And the needles are quite affordable, from every online retailer I've found. In store, it seems to be a couple dollars more per set. Anywho, onto my wonderful news!

I found out on Ravelry a couple of months back that ChiaoGoo was going to make bamboo interchangeables. Didn't think too much on it because I find that bamboo breaks to easily anyways and has driven me mad on many sock projects before getting my DPN KnitPicks Harmony Set. A little later, it was announced that they were coming out with the Stainless Steel interchangeable set. That's when the giddiness set in. All I wanted to know was date of release and cost.

Date of release? September-ish 2012
Cost?
>Small - Tip sizes 2 (2.75mm) - 8 (5 mm) - $80 (Spin) $85 (Twist)
>Large - Tip sizes 9 (5.5 mm) - 15 (10 mm) - $80 (Spin) $85 (Twist)
>Complete - Tip sizes 2 (2.75 mm) - 15 (10 mm) - $140 (Spin) $150 (Twist)

So the plan is to pre-order from an LYS, most likely The Purple Purl since they said they'd order in a set just for me :D probably the small set because I think I'd get more use out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment