Tuesday 14 August 2012

Is this the beginning of an obsession?

On my walk from The Purple Purl, I realized I like the area. I didn't really think much of it since the city I finally want to live in is Hamilton, not Toronto.

While walking around Taste of the Danforth, there was a booth for a local college I had already dismissed cause it was too far from my house and I didn't want to spend 2 hours on public transportation. But I picked up a catalog anyways.

I finally started flipping through the catalog, seeing what programs were available. I was happy to see the Computer Networking program and the potential careers that can come from it. I flipped to the back of the book to see how far I'd have to go for this school when I realized there was a campus down the street, or within a decent walking distance, to The Purple Purl. Unfortunately, it's not for any of he computer programs. It takes has art programs but nothing all that impressive.

This morning, I started looking at he cost of real estate and rentals in the area. Yeah, so I'm no where close to be able to afford a house in the area, or rentals unless I want to get a 1 bedroom. Not 1 bedroom apartment, but 1 bedroom.

So now my dream area for living is now Leslieville in Toronto or Hamilton. Hamilton is much more affordable area but there's no Purple Purl. It would take way too long to get there.

Don't know why I'm rushing since I'm pretty sure I've got at the very least 3 years before I'd be able to afford it on my own, which just reminded me of my priority list that I still have to do.

Well I got to go get ready for an appointment regarding my educational future. Ta-Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment