Tuesday 28 August 2012

What to work on now

I've finished the Wanida socks.  I can't start the Lissajous sock until Saturday at the earliest.  I already swatched for the Lissajous and the results were...meh regarding the needles.

I tried 3 sets of needles and I'm not too happy with the results.  The pattern calls for 1.5US needles of which I have quite a few sets of needles, and the gauge is supposed to be 12 rows by 8 sts.

1.5 Kollage gave me 11 x 7
1.5 ChiaoGoo gave me 11.5 x 7.5

So I decided to go down a size and that's when my selection is not what I want it to be.  I don't have any needles that small since I have never had to knit that small other than the set of Harmony Wood Needles I purchased from KnitPicks last year.  I gave the needles a try anyways, constantly feeling like they were going to snap in my hands.  The results? It gave me 12 by 8.  Seriously?

I don't want to use these needles.  I even went on Ravelry, hoping someone would say it's okay to use the 1.5s, or the ChiaoGoo's are close enough.  Unfortunately for me, it was recommended to use the Harmony Wood DPNs.  Once I heard that answer, I went to Grandma's Handknitting on Etsy and  ordered 1US/24" needles.  And now I cross my fingers that they show up either by the end of the week or Monday afternoon.  I'm willing to start with the 1s I already have but there is no way I'm going through a set of knee high socks with them and have the DPN's come out in tact.

So up until I can start the socks, I should continue working on my Anisette Cardi I started the end of June.  The back is already finished and I have started working on the front left (I think) side.

No comments:

Post a Comment