Sunday 12 August 2012

This Sunday was awesome

I got to go to The Purple Purple, dragging my cousin along with me. I didn't really have a plan in mind other than get there before they closed for inventory at 2p. I left with a skein of Indigodragonfly's MCN Sock in the colourway Groverkill (selected mostly on the name choice) and a skein of Tanis Fiber Arts' Blue Sock Label in the colourway Buttercup (because I don't have any bright yellow yarns).


I made sure I left with a Purly Points card this time. I forgot to do that last time after I spent over $40 for sock yarn.

From there, my cousin, B1, and I walked to The Taste of the Danforth. We kept seeing the cutest dogs and I wish I had gotten more than 1 picture. We did see some interesting art work on the bridge as we walked.





The food was excellent. Really enjoyed my gyros, Baskin Robbins' Gold Medal Ribbon ice cream (favorite!) and a frozen lemonade from Tim Hortons...wait, I forgot the perrogies I shared with my cousin that I wasn't overly fond of. We also stopped in a bookstore and bought the first Game of Thrones book. I'm letting B1 read it first since I still have my Star Trek novel to finish.  And here's the Henna B1 got done.


It was a good day and I'm ending it by watching the Olympic Closing Ceremonies.

The rest of the weekend was pretty good too. On Friday I went over with B1 and B2 (B1's younger sister) to my dad's house. My little sister J decided she wanted to help me knit by making my yarn softer. Let me preface this by letting you know my sister hasn't even reached 4 years old. She "helped" by pulling the yarn out of the caked skein and squishing it in her hands, creating a ball of something that lead from the skein to the sock I was currently knitting. No on could persuade her to stop. I told her that the yarn was soft enough. J's response? I'm making it softer! B2 tried to help. My sister was distracted for less than 10 seconds to "help" me. B1 tried telling J that one of my brother's N was calling her. J gave B1 a side look and told her "N can wait. I'm making the yarn softer." Yes, my baby sister has a massive attitude. I just salvaged what I could and closed up my knitting pan.

Friday night however had me falling asleep to the music of 10-30 European neighbors singing at the top of their lungs in the backyard. Some of the neighbors didn't appreciate it but I enjoyed it. It had harmony and everyone was in key and I was in the house in a bed, ready to sleep.

So I'm going to leave now to go play my Sims 2 game. Bye!






No comments:

Post a Comment