Sunday 20 April 2014

Year of Projects: Week 42 & 43



It is right but it still doesn't look like what it's supposed to be. Welcome to the first picture of my Tree of Life socks. I love the colour combination. I love the knitting process. I even love my mistake of forgetting to what was colour A and what was coulour B thus turning sock 1 into an inversion of itself. It still looks beautiful! You just can't make out that it's a tree, over there on the right hand side of the sock. I know I have to wait until I finish the leg, or make it to about 2/3 of the way up the chart before it really makes it's appearance.

I spent most of this week however, working on my Mint Twist socks and as I'm typing this up, I am working on the toe. 


I am anxious to have them done so I can wear them.

I finally got my bag from Sew for Ewe and it's very much loved by me.


Everyone who sees it tells me "Cool lunch bag!" Not a lunch bag but a unique knitting bag.

This week I'm waiting for an order from Wollmeise which I believe will be my last order for awhile despite my wonderful stash growth.

9 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to see those mint twist socks finished! They look awesome!
    OT - I must figure out how to get one of those progress wigits on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found it from a group on Ravelry. I think I searched for "Progress Bar", crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

      Delete
  2. Lovely socks and awesome bag! The colourwork socks look so complicated and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely easier than it looks. You just to make sure you don't knit too tightly.

      Delete
  3. Love the mint socks, pretty! Very cool knitting bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mint twist socks are gorgeous looking, can't wait to see those, love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually finished them yesterday, after posting and I'll have a picture up next week...or maybe the week after.

      Delete
  5. I love those socks! The colors are awesome...Susan Anderson was working on something similar and I love color work but first I have to learn socks! Why would mine have the inside on the outside? Please tell me I don't have to start over for the millioneth time? Are there people that just can't knit socks? Could I be one of them? Tell me it isn't so! Yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually read a post last week on Ravelry about knitting colourwork socks inside out. I think the conclusion I drew was that the tension was more even.

      But I still suggest you start with a simpler sock for learning. I was lucky enough to have someone in my knitting circle who really liked knitting socks and was able to provide me with help for my first pair. My first pair were Monkey socks by Cookie A. (free pattern in Knitty.com). They were too big but I taught me the basic construction and an introduction to lace knitting. You can also try Silver Sock Class (actual URL escapes me right now). That site helped me as well, especially for the Kitchener stitch to close the toe.

      Delete