Tuesday 22 April 2014

An intermittent entry...not necessary but wanted to

I've finished another pair of socks (the Mint Twist socks from back in December) and did a load of sock wash this afternoon.  I looked at my Stitch Surfer socks and I want to knit another pair.  Not necessarily immediately but in the near future.

I'm still in the middle of knitting the Tree of Life socks, almost at the heel.  I'm also waiting in anticipation of my Wollmeise order, which according to Canada Post will be arriving on Thursday (YAY!).

I was telling my mother about the changes I wanted to make to my room so I can get a desk in there.  She then informs me that there's a dresser in the heating room of our house that someone ended up not needing when the moved.  When I went to go look at it, it's a Malm 4-drawer dresser.  I'm not sure of the colour but any of the colours it's made in can work with the colours for my room.  I now just have to get a desk, a few Expedit/Kallax drawers and a laptop.  I'll see if I can get it assembled either this week or next week and start shopping around for the other requirements for my room.

I almost forgot! I got this sweater a few months back that is now falling apart.  There's still a lot of yarn that's perfectly good.  I'm going to try to reclaim it.  It's 100% cotton according to the label.  I've washed it, which apparently you should do before unravelling cotton (don't wash before unravelling if it's wool - thank you Ashley with this blog entry.  It also looks to be a lace weight.  I'll update another time reporting how this unravelling project goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment