Sunday 27 April 2014

Year of Projects: Week 44


Guess what? I can use this again:


 ...although I doubt I'll come anywhere near this total.  I finished my Mint Twist socks on Sunday afternoon. I washed them on Tuesday and wore them to work by Wednesday. I barely gave them a chance to let the sit in the drawer.


I still want to make changes for the lower foot part of the pattern but I ADORE the Manos del Uraguay yarn to the point I will always be willing to add it to my stash.

I had to frog my Tree of Life socks this week. They did not fit. They did fit when half of the chart was finished but when the chart was finished, it couldn't make it past my heel. I had 2 options: try to turn them into gloves or frog it. 




After 15 minutes of admiring my work, I frogged it and I was surprised at how little yarn of each colour I had actually used. Two days later, I picked up the needles and started again on a larger sized needle.

I got my Standard Grab Bag for Rohrspatz & Wollmeise on Wednesday. Just getting the package makes it feel like it's your birthday. All I knew was that it would be 2 skeins of Twin (80% Merino/20% Polyamid) and one would be relatively solid.

I got home really late after work on Wednesday and saw the package on the table. Picking it up, I went to my room to go see what was in it. To extend the anticipation, I got changed for bed before I opened the package. I took out the little pack of gummy bears that's always sent (they are the best gummy bears I have ever had) and the went to look at the yarn.

 
They're both WD skeins, meaning that they didn't meet the exact colour that Wollmeise was trying to attain. The top one was intended to be Allergria and the bottom was supposed to be Sabrina. I think they both look awesome and are a wonderful addition to my stash.

Somehow on Thursday, I admired the new yarn do much, that I actually caked the Allegria WD and decided to free form a basic sock since the colourwork of the Tree of Life socks really isn't that basic.


I finished the 2x2 rib cuff and I am loving the colour pooling. Half the sock is hot pink and red and the other half is a yellowish orange. Absolutely cool.

5 comments:

  1. Love your mint twist and the colour of the Orange yarn is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mint twist socks look awesome and love the orange and green yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting those mint twist socks! You have just made my day! They are SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Mint Twist socks really are awesome! I would hardly have the patience to wait for them to dry after washing. And I'm sad you had to frog those Tree of Life socks, they were gorgeous. But if they don't fit, what is the purpose, right? :) I need to check out this Wollmeise thing, I keep hearing about it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the frogging but I have gotten so used to it on my projects it doesn't really bother me to frog anymore. I've learned lots in the process. Your Mint Twists are so special....like "formal" socks compared to my rough and tumbles ones. It's definitely not second nature to me yet.
    I do the same thing when I get a much anticipated package in the mail. I put it on my bed and use it as a reward for getting priorities done. LOL! Is it possible to dangle your own carrot? Love gummy bears....and your gorgeous new yarns! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete