Sunday 6 April 2014

Year of Projects: Week 41


It was really not much of a knitting week this week. I worked hard on the second sock for the Mint Twist and I'm about 15 rows from the heel flap.


I have sort of planned ahead for my next sock project. 


The new Manos del Uraguay from last week and the Springtree Road will be the colours I am using for the Tree of Life socks; the same socks I have been talking about doing since I first saw the pattern. I'm hoping to cast on tomorrow for an important event.


And I'm spending it with me, myself and my knitting. I am looking forward to my quiet time :) with intermittent breaks to do laundry.

PS: I saw "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" for my birthday with my brother and his girlfriend and I enjoyed it tremendously.

11 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthdayS! Your mint socks appear to be coming along well and I ALWAYs look forward to seeing your cast-ons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that's enough encouragement to cast on as many projects as I can! LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! I love that you're casting on the socks that have been on your mind since you first saw the pattern! They're gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I did cast them on yesterday while I watched Sherlock (amazing show by the way) and they are looking good.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday - the socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope it will be a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was :) I went to the movies and out to dinner before and the day of, I watched Frozen with my cousin, and Sherlock while starting the Tree of Life Socks. Good day!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday and it sounds like a great one! I just cast on my socks and love yours especially the cable part....I enjoy those cables now that I know how. Love the new yarn too...great colors. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! What socks did you cast on? I remember my first attempt at learning cables. The explanation wasn't working. The youtube videos didn't work either so I decided to sign up for a class at an LYS and I got it within 5 minutes. It's so much simpler than it seems.

      Delete
  6. First off, a hau'oli la hanau to you. Glad you're having a lovely time of it. Secondly, good to know about Captain America! I watched The Avengers one day and was hooked. I've always like Iron Man after seeing the movies w/the hubb. Then I watched Captain America to catch up. What a hunk. The cables are really nice on that sock. I smiled at how you have the next sock project lined up. I have to try Manos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank-you! I'm going to have to save that happy birthday so I can say it to someone else. I agree on the "hunkyness" of the Captain; second only to Thor out of the Avengers.

      I adore the design on these socks as well. I've got more than just the next sock project lined up. I'm just trying to limit myself before I cast on even more.

      Delete