Sunday 18 August 2013

Year of Projects: Week 8


I tried so hard! I was hoping to have another pair of socks finished, namely the Tiberius socks, but alas, I just finished the turn heel of the second sock. It should be finished soon though and hopefully it'll be all ready to show next week.


I'm working on getting ahead of the sock knitting game.  Inspiration hit early on this week and I think it works perfectly well with what I had wanted to do from earlier on this year in regards to the anklets situation.  Litloh from Ravelry re-imagined the Spock socks and turned them into a set of anklets.  I've been thinking about either retrying some of the socks I've already done or knitting the newer patterns I received for this month.

I have not been working on the Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan for the past few weeks but something tells me I will be picking it up very soon.  I'm feeling kind of anxious to get it done, along with the Hermione Flip Top Mittens which by default requires the matching hat.  I think I can safely say the mittens and the hat can be my September focus...and perhaps a little purse for my girly-girl baby sister who's birthday is at the end of next month.

Despite the fact I thought I had narrowed down the pattern for the boat neck sweater I wanted to knit to the Summer Scabboard (also keep in mind this sweater is not even for this knitting year), someone from my Tuesday knitting circle got a pattern out of a magazine that looked just like what I was looking for but it was free.  Problem?  I can't even find the name of the pattern in Ravelry or even on the photocopy of the pattern from the magazine...or even the date of the magazine which could help narrow it down severely.  I got frustrated and chose a book from the library at the Thursday knitting circle (yes, I belong to 2 of them) entitled Knit to Fit (I think).  I think I found a somewhat decent replacement.  Here's hoping that it can be knit in the round which is what I'm looking for.

18 comments:

  1. The Tiberius socks are looking good..still love the color! I have not gottenback to my sock knitting, but have started knitting shawls..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never finished a shawl yet. One of these days I'll knit one, and hopefully it won't be too big.

      Delete
  2. I've been off my sock kick for a while. You're giving me the itch..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *in an eerie voice* you want to knit socks! You will want to knit a drawer full of them *end of eerie voice*

      Delete
  3. I am loving your socks. They are great. I always have the sock itch.... But other projects seem to get in the way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going through that too but I'm also keeping in mind, the more socks I knit, the more sock yarn I'll have left over for the Blankie :)

      Delete
  4. They may not be finished but the Tiberius are looking great. That colour is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are *almost* finished so I'm happy :) I'm loving these socks. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being one of my go to sock patterns.

      Delete
  5. You're in the home stretch now! And oMg those are bright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had managed to find a glow in the dark yarn, but this seems close enough! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Oh, those are so cool! You make me want to do socks but I need a rest after my last ones felted (yes, Cascade 220...I'm writing the company!) But I guess I will just have to hand wash if I want hand knit. So sad you couldn't find that pattern. Your blog title should be mine except mine would read "Wanting to be a knitter but failing miserably"! LOL! You're an excellent knitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cascade 220 comes in a fingering weight? Or are you using DK/worsted? I would be so upset if my socks felted, especially if it was something with a design where the stitch definition mattered.

      Actually, everytime I think I should change the name of my blog, I remember that I did start this blog to focus on my writing and my experiences writing. The only thing I seem to write nowadays is the daily update for this blog and the topic never has anything to do with writing...that is why I am failing miserably but I am doing relatively well when it comes to knitting.

      Delete
  7. Your socks are looking great! Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have faith that you will be finished those socks in no time. They are a very cheery colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as of very early Wednesday morning (like just after midnight), they were done :D

      Delete
  9. I love the socks, I saw your finished post on the forums and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great neon for your socks! I like the Spock design as anklets.

    ReplyDelete