Thursday 22 August 2013

2/26 done!

This actually happened early Wednesday morning, after I saw the news program about Elmore Leonard; I finished the Tiberius socks!


They just to be washed and they are ready to join the other socks I have knit for this year since January. 

I quickly, after getting a good 8 hours of sleep, cast on for the Istanbul socks for my aunt. The plan was to knit them as a set of anklets. I soon realized I would not figure out how to proceed with this within 30 minutes so I started to knit them as per the instructions and decided that they will be a little longer than anklets. By last night, I was at the beginning section of the heel flap and as of today during "Days of Our Livrs", I was working on the gusset. I think this will be another quick pair. 

Also, I'm using a skein that I had dyed back in March, I think, for the Tosh-a-long. I'm happy that I wrote down what I did to make this skein because I am loving it but since these socks are not for me, I will not be able to reap the full benefits :(


And as a bonus, and a good show of how much progress in knitting I have done since the new year (not the knitting new year), I pulled out all the socks I have knit with the exception of the one pair that I have to my aunt.


That is 5 whole pairs of socks for myself, 1 for my aunt and like a bunch of one foot pairs. This is encouraging :) and I also realized that I need more from the red family in my sock stash.  I do have my red BFFs socks but that was for last year. I think before the year is out, I need knit something with either the blood-orange yarn from SweetGeorgia or the fuschia yarn from Springtree Road. I guess I have a pre selected skein for October and/or December.

I am looking forward to putting all of my socks for this year in one picture and see how high the pile will go.


2 comments:

  1. Love the Tiberius! And awesome progress on the Istanbul. I love the color. You've made some lovely dyed yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad that I just noticed this comment? Thanks Jesdica :)

      Delete