Tuesday 20 August 2013

Out in the Garden

I am not a nature girl.  I may like the look of nature but I don't venture anywhere near it if I want to be able to breath the next day.  Somehow or another, my aunt had me standing out in the back yard, in the middle of the garden, holding a plastic tupperware dish as she hunted for tomatoes and raspberries in the mess we call a garden.


Don't get me wrong, we seem to grow a good crop, despite the fact we (as in majority of the household) do diddly-squat to the garden and what comes out of there looks lovely and I adore tomatoes too!  But I'm still wanting to grass over the entire backyard and relegate the garden to the outer portions around the garden.


And here's an actual shot of part of the garden:


My aunt and I barely make it past 5'1" and there are plants out there that are taller than us. I'm afraid I'd get lost out there if I ventured any deeper than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment