Tuesday 13 August 2013

Can we say "Much progress has been made"?

I am still amazed at how much progress I have made in these Tiberius socks. It's only been 4 days and I'm already a few rounds into the toe. By tomorrow the first sock should be done for sure and then it's off to the second sock. I am really not worried about Second Sock Syndrome for this pair.


I went to the Tuesday knitting circle at Albion Library. There was this girl (I really wish I had asked her name but...) who just joined the knitting circle. I saw her for the first time last week but since I hadn't been there for over a month, I can't actually say how long she's been coming. Anywho, she just learned how to knit very recently and today, out of her knitting bag (she learned quickly to have one), she pulled out what she had been working on this week:


Excuse me as my jaw drops open. She had 2 finished bags, a finished scarf and another scarf on the needles; all in one week. She put me to shame and she's excited about learning more. I think we have a new avid knitter on our hands :D

On top of that, one of the crocheters brought her daughter and grand-daughters with her today. Despite the fact that her daughter doesn't know how to knit or crochet, she wants to learn to knit socks, especially since she saw my Spock socks I brought to show off.  I think it would be nice to do what T did for me, to another knitter. So...Plain Vanilla or Monkey socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment