Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Leaves are changing on me

The weather in Toronto feels like it's already fall.  I have already seen the evidence of the very soon approaching change of season when I saw that some leaves have already changed.


I am already trembling in fear and pulling out every single sweatshirt I own.

I came home and finished up the toe of the Tiberius socks.  It went by so quickly!  I casted on for the second foot within an hour (I had to take the time to put the sock on and admire how pretty it looked on foot).






I will of course be continuing this after I post this update while listening to old episodes of the Sticks and Strings podcast.

While perusing through Ravelry at some point today, I went looking through the June Fall Offs thread on the Cookie Sock Club board and saw a fall off of Ankle Spocks by litfoh on Ravelry.  It is wickedly cool!  I've already discussed it with my aunt and this changes her sock request for August.  She now wants an anklet version of the Istanbul in the same Tosh-along dyed yarn I promised called Grapefruit Sunrise.  I guess I can make do with the Artemis socks, as a two at a time.  I am not looking forward to doing a good chunk of the foot.  Based on picture, it looks like a lot of stockinette in the round and thin ribbing.  Not necessarily my idea of a good knitting time.  I still don't know what yarn to use however now that I'm thinking about it, I do have a lovely varigated skein from Three Ewes that I purchased off a destash in the colourway Cleopatra.  This may make me rethink my idea of of knitting these two at a time.  I think I'd like to see how the colours will pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment