Sunday 7 July 2013

Year of Projects: Week 2

(Because Week 1 was last week, not this week like I thought.  Anywho, on with the show)


It's a knitting new year! And with a new knitting year comes new projects to do and new skills to learn (and while I'm at it, WIPs to finish - must finish pairs).

Sock WIPs
Dark Isle Socks
Cast on: March 17, 2013 | Bind off:

Stitch Surfer Socks
Cast on: November 30, 2012 | Bind off:

Bex Socks
Cast on: October 1, 2012 | Bind off:

Baby Socks
Cast on: May 21, 2013 | Bind off:

Anklet #1
Cast on: May 30, 2013| Bind off:

...fascinating (Spock Socks)
Cast on: June 10, 2013 | Bind off:

Tiberius
Cast on: June 18, 2013 |

Socks to be cast on:

Cookie Sock Club 2013 (August #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2013 (August #2)
Cookie Sock Club 2013 (October #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2013 (October #2)
Cookie Sock Club 2013 (December #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2013 (December #2)

Cookie Sock Club 2014 (February #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2014 (February #2)
Cookie Sock Club 2014 (April #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2014 (April #2)
Cookie Sock Club 2014 (June #1)
Cookie Sock Club 2014 (June #2)

Anklet #2
Anklet #3
Anklet #4
Anklet #5
Anklet #6
Anklet #7   

Tree of Life/Fire Bird by Janel Laidman

Sweaters/Cardigans
Cast on: April 2, 2013 | Bind off:
Mittens/Gloves
Cast on: April 12, 2013 | Bind off:
Hat
Hermione Hearts Ron

Other
Blankie reach to 250 squares
Starting at 103 squares as of July 7, 2013

Petal Blanket by Norah Gaughan

Sounds like a lot right?  It's also heavily dependent on joining the Cookie A. Sock Club 2014.

I also wanted to add a list of skills I'd like to learn as well by the time this knitting year ends:
-learn a new casting on technique (I already know the backwards thumb loop one, the long tail cast on and Judy's Magic cast on for toe up socks)
-learn the basics of crochet enough so I can make something simple like a dishcloth for a simple hat.

Since I'm not actually home (still on vacation), I will have progress shots for all of my WIPs next Sunday and hopefully I will still know where to find the pattern notes and such.

23 comments:

  1. Love the list and I hope you do get to joing the cookie A Sock club. Looking forward to the progress shots next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally home and I have to dig through everything to get ready for my "photo shoot"

      Delete
  2. Shapely boyfriend looks like an awesome sweater anxious to see that progress. Making blankie out of sock yarn seems like it would get to be pretty expensive, I mean sock yarn is so much more then worsted or wool isn't it? Plus, won't it take forever with the thin weight of the sock yarn? Love all the different colors though. I too have been confused about when the other ended and when this year began.
    Like Arnold, I'm Back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blankie made out of sock yarn isn't really expensive to me. I'm trying use the leftovers of yarn from the socks I'll be knitting anyways. It will be a wonderful, colourful Blankie :)

      Delete
  3. Sock Clubs scare me! I'd be totally behind for sure! Love the look of the Spock socks. I hope that pattern becomes available to the public before Christmas ... there are some Star Trek geeks on my list that would LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these socks too! Unfortunately, the pattern won't become open to everyone until June 2014. Maybe it can be for Christmas in July or Christmas 2014.

      Delete
  4. Wow a fabulous list, can`t wait to see your progress. Have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I can't wait to see my progress as well LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow, looks like a great list. And I will be incredibly impressed if you get that many socks made in a year. In fact, I may start thinking you are superhuman!

    And enjoy the rest of your holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just call me The Super Knitter! Seriously, is me impressed with myself if I can do all of these myself.

      Delete
  6. Checking in on you will be fun as I love socks! Cookie A rocks. Can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Cookie A. fan :) Do you do socks as well?

      Delete
  7. Finally. someone that thinks it's week #2 like me! LOL! And a sock person! I was think I would join the sock club until 2 of the above commenters who are really good and fast knitters said they would be impressed....whoa Nellie! I guess I won't be joining that club...I'm slow as snail doodoo! But I love socks and plan on making a "slew" of them this year but I always have "high hopes"! LOL! I love the blankie too. What a great way to use up leftover sock yarn. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also in the Cookie A Sock Club and am not a fast knitter but love it. The patterns are challenging but fun and there is a lot of support. I've learned a lot doing it. I'd recommend it to anyone. :)

      Delete
    2. Sam, honestly, the only reason I think knitting that may socks would be plausible is because I knit my Newton socks in 10 days. So I know it is possible for me to do them relatively quickly. It's just buckling down and doing it. I am aiming to have a full sock drawer of hand knitted socks. Don't rush the process if you don't want to. Just go at whatever pace you feel comfortable at.

      Jessica, after checking out the group and hearing a first hand experience of a friend of mine in the group, once I found the money I got myself in. I love the support of the Ravelry group as well.

      Delete
    3. I agree about the support. My mom had taken a class with Cookie A and she thought Cookie was really neat so she signed both of us up. I'm very happy about it and I love making socks now.

      Delete
  8. While I don't know what or who Cookie A is, I do wish you luck as it seems to be a very popular thing. I have yet to knit my first socks, so you can imagine how my head kind of exploded when I saw all those socks on your list! :) Seriously, I look forward to seeing your progress throughout the year and wish you a splendid vacation.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I do suggest you look up Cookie A on Ravelry, even if it's just to flip through the pictures of the socks she's designed. I just love them :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, like Kim..my head went blank when I saw the list of socks.. I've made 1 pair and that was a challenge but I understand it can be very addicting..like hexipuffs... so maybe as I follow you along this year..I'll catch it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I made it half way through knitting a hexipuff and said "forget it". Sigh! It's the challenge of making the socks and enjoying the final products that I love so much.

      Delete
  10. Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're going to have to grow extra feet for all those socks, but it would be totally worth it since they're Cookie's. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if I want to wear them all at one time...although that could be a plan :P

      Delete