Wednesday 3 July 2013

Omaha Day #2

This morning started out with jumping on the shuttle bus and going to The Diner (yes that is the name of the place, The Diner).


So cost effective! And the food is quite good. And there was good company.


Went to a seminar, which was quite enlightening. Another group of us went to lunch at Spaghetti Works, down the street from Zio last night.


I am still stuffed a couple hours later. Company was good as well but no pictures :(

I saw a sign about a quilt being auctioned off with the proceeds going to Spring Vale Academy. I just volunteered my services to make a knitted blanket for 2 years from now. One of my first knitting books was a book on afghans and I have never made anything in it. This seems like it would be a worthy cause to crack open the book. Also, this a worthwhile charity that I've known about since I was a child. I this goes well, maybe I'll make afghans more often for them. I can't wait to go flipping through the book when I get home and start the pre-planning.


I got to get a hug from my little sister. I swear she's hit a growth spurt since I saw her last on Saturday. She's turning 5 in September.


At some point or another, I will track down each and everyone of my siblings and get a picture with them. Come-on, we're all here.

We later went shopping at Oakview Mall. Nice place, definitely cheaper than in Canada and open tomorrow on the 4th of July.  Suffice it to say, we'll be back tomorrow.

I am now going to eat some dinner and be off for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment