Monday 29 July 2013

There really should have been a warning

My bestfriend and I went out to a new place to lunch. It's like a restaurant-wide buffet table. I decided on perogies, vegetables and couscous. I sat down to eat and went straight for the perogies, ate some vegetables and dug into the couscous. As I was eating, the back of my throat felt weird but I didn't think anything of it. When I was down to my last perogies, I looked at the half eaten couscous, and wondered what kind of vegetable they had put in it. Once I had examined it closely, I realized it was pecans.


I am allergic to walnuts and pecans. It's nothing to serious, I just may break out into a rash but it's nothing deadly. I even went back to the station and checked for  any kind of nut warning and there was sign. I just kindly informed them about the nuts and that there should be a sign of some sort.

I wasn't expecting any kind of recompense, especially since I had eaten over half of the nut infused couscous. But they took out a new container and asked me what 2 sides I wanted. I was surprised but decided on the vegetables again and mashed potatoes. 

Day ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment