Thursday 29 August 2013

Note to self

KnitPicks solid stroll yarn feels so good after it's washed! I swear it didn't feel like this when I washed and wore the tonal yarn. Sigh! These feel so nice on my feet.

So the whole (very short) history:  I knit the Tiberius socks in KnitPicks Stroll Solid in the colourway Dandelion because it was the closest to Command Gold I could find in my stash.  I was hesitant about it since for the past 2 years, I have been spoiled with Indie Dyer yarns and loving the heck out of them.  I used it anyways and liked the knitting process.  The yarn felt good in my hands as I knit.  I knew the true test would be after I washed it.  I finally managed to get together enough light coloured clothing to go in the wash with the Tiberius socks.  I hung them out to dry and tried them on once they were dry.  They were great.

Note to self: add solid stroll sock yarn to the acceptable KnitPicks order, along with Brava yarn.

I knit more of the test pattern socks and it's coming along nicely.  Only 4 rows to memorize and 2 of them are exactly the same.  I'm sure I still have a pretty long way to go before the leg is finished and I have to start the heel flap.


The Long Promised Scarf (aka: the Irish Hiking Scarf) is coming along nicely.  I did 3 more repeats of the pattern, expecting the scarf to now be 10" long and was surprised that it was only 8".  So either I only knit 3" yesterday, or I can't measure properly and really measured 4" the first night.  All that really matters is that it's growing and I'm not bored of yet.  As a matter of fact, I want to get started on the hat.  I'm trying not to be too crazy since I do have too many projects to work on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment