Sunday 25 August 2013

Year of Projects: Week 9


Another week as come around and guess what?  The pair of socks I had hoped to be finished by last Sunday, got finished by early Wednesday morning (a la "just after midnight" morning) .  So that means I can use the 26 Pair Plunge banner yet again and then show off my lovely Tiberius socks.


Aren't they pur-tee?  They are very bright and I love them.  So that's 2/26 for the 26 pair plunge, and 6/13 for the 13 socks of 2013 (which apparently I forgot I was apart of too).

Speaking of the 13 of 2013, I actually pulled out all the socks I had knitted since January.  They had to be a completed pair and I have 6 pairs with one with my aunt since I did make them for her.  I piled them all together and took a picture (not including the pair for my aunt because she forgot I had asked for them).

It's things like this that really make you see that you are making progress (and that I need to make a pair of socks in the orange/red family), especially when you feel like you're not going anywhere.  I've already knit more socks that I knit last year and we're still only in August.  I've got quite a few one foot socks that I need to finish soon, especially since some them...mainly the Stitch Surfer, I consider pretty mindless knitting.  I could probably do that one while catching up on a tv show or while watching my soaps (I cannot believe I have gotten back into soap operas but they're getting so interesting again!).

I casted on for the August/September a pair socks for the Cookie A.'s 2013 Sock Club called Istanbul.  I'm making these ones for my aunt and I'm using a yarn that I dyed for it.  I'm also happy that I wrote down the directions for this colour because I want to knit a pair of socks or anklets for myself in this yarn colour.

I am a bit further along but not by much.  I'm still decreasing on the gusset but it is coming along nicely.  I'm not making any time guarantees for this one though because last night, I caved.  I went to the tupperware bin that house the Blankie and I started to knit.  I have even joined the two pieces and I have 2 complete rows finished and I'm a square and a half away from finishing the 3 row.  I even started cleaning up the back of the Blankie while watching Days of our Lives and The Young and the Restless.  Somehow, I'm up to 123 squares.  I was at 117 Thursday afternoon. before I picked it up.  I will keep up the work for this weekend and them I will have to pick a different WIP to work on in conjunction with my socks.


One of the projects I want to finish off is the Stitch Surfer (as previously mentioned) and it's not like it will take a lot to finish it.  I just have to unpick the bindoff, and do it properly, and then get started on the second foot.  Perhaps once I finish the Istanbul's, I'll some effort towards it.


23 comments:

  1. Those socks are awesome, they just sing with colour! And I really like the pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks look great...nice job on the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I called it Grapefruit Sunrise :D

      Delete
  3. your scrap blanket looks so gorgeous-- like stained glass. And, I love the socks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's almost like the socks are a means to an end. The faster I finish them, the more leftover sock yarn I have left for the Blankie.

      Delete
  4. I love the socks and I love the blanket. I also love a good soap, mainly because I can get lots of knitting done at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I've managed to get a lot of progress on projects and learn all about the people who live in Salem and Genoa City.

      Delete
  5. Great job on the socks. And the yellow pair is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Only problem is that I have nothing of the same general colour family and I need to wash it before I wear it. Don't know what I'm going to do.

      Delete
  6. Terrific progress! The socks are terrific! You did a very nice dye job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I'm actually itching to dye some more but I only have one skein of undyed yarn left and I'm trying to save it for something good.

      Delete
  7. Holy Cow! You've gotten so much done! Your socks are really inspirational and the blanket is gorgeous. It reminds me of a stained glass window. Great week you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the color of those socks you are knitting. VERY nice!!!! Your fresh off the needle pair are very nice and that blanket - is that the miter square blanket for scrap sock yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man! I really need to try socks! You inspire me. I adore the orange yarn you dyed yourself --such a pretty color.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the socks! They are fun! As is dyeing yarn :)

      Delete
  10. Tiberius looks great, well done on the complete and Istanbul is in a gorgeous yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much :D Luckily, I wrote down what I did to create that colour so I should be able to make more.

      Delete
  11. I love Tiberius! And that is an amazing amount of socks to knit, they're all looking great. I'm not sure I could give away the Istanbul socks if it was me! My hand dyed yarns is definitely mine, all mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still surprised by the progress myself. I may just knit another pair of Istanbul's for myself at a much later date.

      Delete
  12. Once again, I love the yarn that you dyed!

    ReplyDelete