Friday 30 August 2013

When you miss it, you just miss it.

All this news about the Sims 4, really make me miss my sims.  I don't think it really matters what format they'd be in; either 2 or 4 would be great.

What I really want to get back to are my sims from Winchester.  I'm wanting to recreate the sims and create a new neighbourhood just for them.  Funny thing is that I miss them so much they start creeping into other things that I do.  Take Dingo Winchester for example:


Originally, he was a non-attractive born in game sim, and the future legacy of the Winchester Family on Winchester Isle.  I don't remember why, but I felt the need to add him into my Glen Acres Academy set of characters.  Dingo Winchester the child sim, soon became Dingo Winchester the pre-teen who has been corralled into the status of best-friend by a fellow GAA student named Njree Walters.

What interests me a lot about his character is the amount that he has changed while living in this new world.  Dingo has always been destined to be gay and a music lover, perhaps music theatre.  Now he is so much more than that.  While he does start out in music theatre, he soon learns that he has a real passion for dancing.  He's actually quite good once he starts getting the proper instruction.  He's very out going and high energy but he is very shy when it comes to the potential of a romantic relationship.  Due to sim-Dingo's father never really interacting with him, GAA-Dingo's father comes off as cold as well.  Dingo never really talks about him but will talk your ear off about his Grandpa Benjamin.  Despite Dingo being very outgoing, he is also very self-concious about his appearance.  He knows he's nowhere close to be traditionally handsome but he's willing to work with what he's got.


This is an aged up Dingo with a bit of tinkering; mostly just stopping his eyes from bulging out.  I even refrained from making him "classically" handsome. 

I just adore the character of Dingo Winchester.  I even dragged over his best match out of the sim-pool I had on Winchester Isle.  Now, meet Chase Mace.  (I did not name him.  This was the name the game generated for him all on it's own, just like Moon Unit Zappa - Dingo's father).  I never even got a chance to see this sim in game so I had to create him from my imagination.


And I still haven't nailed him yet.  I'd prefer for his face not to be as long and cheeks to be fuller and some kind of curly/wavy hair.  And don't forget some kind of stubble I can work with that will show up on his skin tone.  The shirt and blazer though?  That is all Chase.  Chase is much more reserved and doesn't talk too much but he is quite content to listen to Dingo babble all the live-long day.  Music is his life and he does go on to play the trumpet professionally.  He has an amazing knack for getting just the right sound needed for any project.  He'd rather not go out of his way to get someone in trouble however he will let them fall flat on their face, in hopes that they've learned the lesson.  He adores blue Jolly Ranchers and still to this day doesn't know who keeps leaving them in little piles for him in places he frequents (it's Dingo).  He is 3 years older than Dingo and it does take quite a bit of time from meeting to actually getting together, like just before Chase goes off to University, much to Dingo's dismay at wanting it from day 1.

While I do like the whole "let's take Dingo out to a private school", it would mean missing a lot of what's going on with the rest of the sims in Winchester.  So my thought was to take those GAA sims that I already have sitting around, turn them into Young Adults and have 6-ish years of friendship occur in 4 at Université de Gingé and have everyone join Winchester Isle!  Great idea right?  Lots of planning right?  Definitely.

I'm in the midst of recreating some of the information I had tracked for my sims in an easy format in Flashnote so that hopefully, by the time I get either a new DVD-rom drive or a new computer, I'll be able to recreate everything I need.

I'm thinking of advancing everyone up 2-3 years, and starting to update Winchester Isle, the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment