Sunday 22 December 2013

Year of Projects: Week 26


It's the halfway point of the Year of Projects! I'm happy that I've made it this far and I still have a long way to go.

First of all, I have a correction for last week: the socks I'm knitting from the Manos yarn is not the Arrow, it's the Mint Twist. Oops!

This week I didn't have the knitting time that I would have liked to have had but it's due to a good reason. I was working. Legitimate enough for me.

I am still working on the Mint Twist. Every time I pick up this project, I am liking the yarn and the pattern more and more.


I'm about halfway through the second repeat, before moving onto the heel flap.

As much as I am enjoying the project, soon, I'm going to be wanting another pair of finished socks and then I'll work like crazy on the Circe socks until I'm finished.

On a sad note, I've realized the problem with having your mother sleeping in your bedroom when you're not there. Last week I was supposed to get my last shipment for the 2013 sock club plus an additional skein of the MissBabs Cosmic Yarn in Inkwell brought up for me. Unfortunately, there was a snowstorm and it didn't reach. Then the yarn was supposed to have been brought for me yesterday. I made arrangements with my aunt and everything. Somehow, my mother decided to bring it to me. My aunt said she's bring it and somehow, it is now lost in either the house or the car and neither know where to find it. I just want my yarn to cuddle and know that it's safe.

5 comments:

  1. Mint twist is lovely and the yarn is a gorgeous colour, suitable for anyone.
    I do hope you find your yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you'll find the yarn..and the mint twist is coming out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mint Twist is lovely. The fabric looks nice and scrunchy, so the sock should fit nicely.
    Fingers crossed that your missing yarn turns up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those socks..pattern and yarn are a great combination. I'm so sorry about your yarn...especially at this time of year when we all need the comfort of some new fiber to get us through the holidays. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope someome will find the yarn soon, I can hardly imagine how sad I would feel if I lost some of mine..

    ReplyDelete