Saturday 21 December 2013

I made a little purchase today

I'm gonna admit it out loud. I am a HUGE fan of the Pokémon games for the handheld systems, going all the way back to the Gameboy Pocket days.

I have been through games Pokémon Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White and Black 2. I have gone through the systems too: Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Colour Special Edition Pikachu Yellow (which got stolen), Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy Advanced SP, DSi Lite and DSi XL.

I can now add more to my collection. Today I purchased the Nintendo 3DS XL in a light pink and Pokémon Y.


And I am a happy (but broke) camper. Lucky for me, it went on sale at Target, which is also where I am employed so I also got an employee discount.

I started up the game on the bus ride home. I've avoided most of the sites in regards to information about X & Y. Let's just say I am very much impressed with the graphics. For the first time, I can pick a character who at the very least is somewhat close to my skintone. The graphics are very close to the anime.

I started with a Froakie and he's doing better than I thought he would. First Pokémon I encountered wild was a pidgey. An awesome wave of nostalgia came over me. Unfortunately, I had no pokéballs and couldn't catch it :( I've gotten the first badge so far.

It's a good mix of generations of Pokémon so far. My team currently consists of Froakie, Zigzagoon, Fletchly, Weedle and Budew.

I am liking playing the game so far, and I look forward to play more.

No comments:

Post a Comment