Monday 30 December 2013

What are we going to do?

Today, I got some bad news...or at least bad news to me.  I had gotten a seasonal part-time position at a retail store.  I was happy to be working there.  I liked the staff and the atmosphere.  I was hoping that I would become permanent part time employee.  Unfortunately, this week is the beginning of the "Thank-you" letters and I got one of those letters.  I understand that it's about what the business needs but I really wanted to stay there, at that location, with those co-workers.

My mom did inform me that another location is opening close to my house.  My issue?  I want to stay in the city I currently am in.  Also, the customers in that area are not as friendly.  Work is really what you make it but I don't think I'd like working with a bunch of grumpy people.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to apply but I'm also going to continue looking for work where I am right now and hope things work out better on that front.

I know have to update my resume to reflect the time worked and hopefully, this could be the start of another new beginning.  I hope I get to stay in contact with some of the friends that I've made, especially the one that promised she would teach me how to play the Pokemon Card game and the one who promised that he and his boyfriend would take me around this city in the summer to see the waterfalls they keep boasting about.

I now have to come up with a decent plan about my immediate future.  Time is ticking as to how long I can stay at the house I'm currently at but I do have a potential new place of residence to live.  Only problem is that I have to have the money to do something called paying rent.  I got no objection to that but I do want to have a steady enough income to afford it.  I'm actually surprised to see some retail stores are still hiring even though the Holiday season is over.  I'm going to apply for those and hopefully more recent retail experience will help move things in my favour.

PS:  I'm still hoping that if it's feasible, I get another seasonal position at the store again for the next holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment