Wednesday 18 December 2013

In the mode

I am back to my sock knitting mode. I'm enjoying the process very much and now that I'm working, I'm wishing that I had more time to knit. 

It always seems to work like that; when you have the time, you don't feel like working and when you don't have the time, all you can think of is knitting again.

I think what I'd like to do is to knit a few self stripping yarn with solid toes heels and cuffs. Unfortunately, the LYS near me doesn't seem to carry any self stripping yarn. I can see if I can locate Lens Mills in Hamilton. They carry the more basic lines of yarn. I'm not too big of a fan of the shop in Toronto. I don't know if I'm looking forward to the visit.

I keep wanting to build my stash, especially now that I have money but I have to keep in mind that space is definitely limited. I'm thinking to get a small container, fill it with yarn and not going beyond it.


Going back to the Mint Twist socks (mistakingly calling it the Arrow socks) that I'm enjoying immensely...although... Now that I think about it, I should get a dark green yarn for the Arrow socks, in honour of Arrow. Yes, I like that plan.

3 comments:

  1. I was watching Arrow when I read the pattern packet. There was much laughter. I think the February yarn would have looked good with the Arrow socks. Too bad I already knit that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same kind of colour I was thinking of. I guess I need to make another visit to the LYS.

      Delete
    2. If only I could get away with finding another skein of the February yarn...maybe after the Husband is employed again...Or I might already have a similar green by indigodragonfly. I guess I need to check my stash.

      Delete