Monday 22 December 2014

Am I ready? Just about.

Last night (or maybe it was the night before) I mentioned the paperbag sock challenge which is really supposed to be called the Brown Bag Sock Challenge.  I actually got 11 bags together in lovely red paper bags.  There's supposed to be a 12th but we'll see what happens.  I would like to get one more skein of self stripping and if I do, I'll probably do the other pattern I had on my list for self stripping yarn.


Inside each bag is at least 100g of sock yarn from my stash and the name of a pattern from my queue.  I don't fully know what goes with what since I put a label on the top of each bag describing if the yarn was self stripping, varigated, tonal varigated or solid.  For each pattern on my list, I noted what kind of yarn would be most suited.  Without looking in the bags, I attached a pattern that matched the label, rolled up the bag so it would hide the label and taped it shut.

Around January 1st 2015, I'm going to grab a bag, pull out the pattern and get the needle size recommended and get started on a new pair of socks.  I hope I don't get the one with Smokestack by Tanis yet.  I didn't realize until I had sealed up the bags and then went on Ravelry, I don't actually own the pattern.  Makes it kind of difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment