Thursday 25 December 2014

First bag chosen

I picked a bag for the Brown Paper Bag Sock Challenge. I was crossing my fingers for something not too challenging...didn't happen. 


I pulled out my beloved skein of MissBabs Cosmic Hand Painted in the colourway Inkwell and hunted down to the bottom of the bag to see what pattern I had chosen.  It's the Victorian Birdcage by Cat Bhordi.  I have been admiring this pattern since I bought the e-book Cat's Sweet Tomato Heel.  I didn't realize that the pattern is for a DK weight yarn but lucky for me, Ms. Bhordi has thought of everything and showed a conversion from DK to fingering weight yarn so I can continue to plan to make these socks.  I still have to cake the yarn and figure out what needles to use but at least I already have an empty bag to put everything in and be ready to start on January 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment