Saturday 20 December 2014

I so want to participate

I have been watching a new podcast for just over a month called "The Canadian Knitter Podcast".  I have been loving it.  The last episode (episode 6: "He's so ugly, He's cute"), Sarah the podcaster mentioned a Paperbag Sock challenge for 2015. 

The basic "rules" of the Paperbag Sock challenge is to create your own sock club:
  1. Pick 12 skeins/balls of yarn
  2. Pick 12 sock patterns
  3. Pair the yarn and the patterns
  4. Stick them in a paper bag
  5. Pick a bag at random for the month
  6. Knit the pattern with the yarn thats in the bag
Sounds simple enough right? I have attempted to do something similar many time and I think the most I've managed is about 7 or 8 for the year. I'm still narrowing down the patterns that I have 18 of so far and I have to increase the amount of yarn since I only seem to have 10 available skeins.  I have a few undyed skeins that I'll have to dye.  The plan is to match up the existing skeins with patterns and then dye the undyed skeins to "match" the patterns.

I make no promises for 2015 but I will try to make it.  Now I'm off to buy some paper bags

No comments:

Post a Comment