Friday 12 December 2014

It finally came! (and this was supposed to be posted on Dec 3)

New Arrivals
My new skein of Must Stash Yarn has finally arrived at my house. The Perfect Sock base in the colourway of Darkside of the Moon.  I'm pretty sure I will be making another set of vanilla toe-up socks.  It's so pretty and lovely but I can't really say much more until I actually start knitting with it.  I will resist the temptation until at the very least, I finish the vanilla socks I am currently knitting.

I ordered another bag from Stitched by JessaLu.  It's a Dr. Who Christmas special bag.  It's on its way now...or more specifically it's on its way to the country and I'm refreshing my Canada Post App every hour.

On-going projects
Plain Ol' Strippy Socks (aka: Burberry-esque socks): I am at the heel for the first sock and on my way to the heel for the second.  I'm doing an afterthought heel so once I reach to the heel for the second sock, I'll put in the waste yarn for both and move onto the legs.

Test Pattern - Stockai Cniotala: I started a text knit for a new to me designer and let me tell you, it's a lot of cables.  It will look amazing when it's done I'm sure but I already suffered a set back with my original choice of yarn.  It's a skein of Cascade Yarn Heritage in a Teal-ish colour way I got from the Romni Wools Boxing Day Sale.  I am in love with the colour but the yarn constantly yarn barfs on me.  Instead of battling the barf, I went to my stash and pulled out a skein of something else and started again however with the amount of concentration it takes to do this project it just wasn't viable this week with school, work and bus travel.  Next week, I have more time to myself and I'll put some good work towards it.

Plans for 300 yards of leftovers
I'm looking at my Kai-Mei's that I knit from Wollmeise Twin.  I love this colour.  It's a WD of Allegria.  I have enough for a pair of anklets and maybe a bit more.  I'm thinking of using some black yarn for the toe, heel and cuff and working on it toe up so I can do make them without running out of yarn.  I still want to have enough make a plushie with it.  Maybe I should make a plushe first and make the socks out of the left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment