Saturday 29 November 2014

So THERE you are!

I've been checking my Canada Post app every 5 minutes trying to figure out where my order from Must Stash Yarns is.  I keep getting the same message stating "International item mailed in originating country".  Great at least I know it's in the mail but what the heck is taking it so long?  I was right about to send a message to find out if the shipper could perhaps help me locate it when I decided to check USPS with the same tracking number.  My yarn is in LA...after it went through Portland...isn't that further away from Canada?  A quick ride from Portland can land you in BC.  Sure it's on the other side of the country but at least it's in the country.

I dunno, may this means it'll be on a plane and head straight for Toronto and I can get it sometime this week so I can start gushing on how beautiful my yarn is!


On a somewhat happier note, I have decided to knit a pair of plain stockinette socks for myself with Turtle Purl Yarns sock yarn in the colourway Trenchcoat - I'll still be calling in Burberry in my head.  I wound it up in a ball using a method commonly called "The Everlasting Gobstopper" introduced to me by Susan B. Anderson.  It really does remind me of a big ball of candy from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


I found 2 sets of circulars in a size 0 and went to work, knitting the socks 2 in conjunction (not 2 at a time since I'm doing them on 2 sets of circulars).  I've made wonderful progress and I love the fact that they match exactly however Hiya Hiya Sharps are really that sharp since I now have a wound in my index finger.  I need to hurry up and get a calous so I can get back to my knitting.  But I could also take this as a sign to work on something else until the finger is not so sensitive.


No comments:

Post a Comment