Saturday 10 January 2015

Quick little vent

I got kind of annoyed either last night or early this morning in regards to custom content I was searching for for my Sims 2 game.  I was looking for a poster or pamphlets on a specific subect for my sims game, to make a sims dormitory look more realistic.  I searched on Google and other various Sims 2 Content sites that I knew of and I couldn't find anything.  Since I have been away from the community for a few years, I went to a WCIF (Where Can I Find) thread on Garden of Shadows forum since this is generally the kind of stuff that the members would know where to find.

I read the rules for posting for a WCIF and they said I was required to do a search, be clear in regards to what I was looking for and put a picture.

I was fine with 2 of those but I did not have a picture since I had never seen it anywhere before for any Sims game.  I told posted that I was looking for either posters or pamphlets of any kind in regards to the topic and stated where I had already searched.  A kind hearted soul gave me a tumblr link which did have something to do with what I'm looking for but I wanted more variety that just that.  I didn't reply, hoping that maybe another person would be able to be of assistance.

Another reply game through maybe last night from a mod stating that since I had not put up a picture that no one was to reply to the post.  First thoughts in my head: "If I had a picture, I would have put one up" and "Well that was rude".  I promptly closed the tab on my browser and said forget it.  If that was the kind of response I was going to get despite being a member of the forum for well over 5 years why bother asking about anything.

It still kind of irks me with the reply.  I am generally a person who looks for the least negative postion however I found the response to be rather rude but since I do not own the forum and neither am I a mod, I didn't not want to give off the attitude that was going off in my head.  I will quietly go back to a forum that I prefer since in general they are much nicer even though the kind of posters or pamphlets I'm looking for would not be anywhere close to what is generally asked for around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment