Friday 15 May 2015

More than 5 days past since I was supposed to do this

I really can't say anything else other than I just didn't feel like it.  It definitely not that there was no knitting related things going on in the past almost week and a half.  I managed to cast on a shawl, enhanced my stash, participate in a VKN...I'm even currently dyeing yarn. Let's just get going on this.

Casted on
I was finally able to start my Quick Silver shawl and let me say that I love it and I am surprised with how much I have done so quickly. I'm also kinda proud since the blue yarn I used is my first attempt at dyeing with an acid base in my slow cooker.  The changes in the blue go from a dark sapphire colour to a really pale blue that's almost white.  The black yarn is from my shopping trip in my Stash Enhancement.


WIP
Soft Stones Sweater
Not much has been done on the sweater for this week since I have been focusing my attention on the Quick Silver shawl.  I have until the end of June, I think to finish it.  I did finally manage to get around to taking a picture and it definitely looks cool.  See?



#BBSC2015
I'm still making progress on my May socks.  As much as I like the Cabled Helix Socks, I didn't want to do the same design as stated in the pattern for the foot.  I have an idea in my head as to what I want to do and since I have never modified a pattern as much as this, I'm going to have to pull out some graph paper and draw it out...keep in mind I'm still on the halfway through the leg.


#100DayChallenge aka: Sock Blankie
I am not even sure how many I've done since the last update.  I missed Saturday.  Oh well.  I've finally made it to the other side of the blanket.  It's almost even and it makes me so giddy and happy.  I'm working my way back across.  Oh yeah, I also calculated how many squares I'll need for this...1446...yeah, I'm currently about 220.  This is going to take awhile. 


Stash Enhancement
Last week Friday, I met up with an old friend named JB.  We had so much fun.  We went to Lettuce Knit and Romni as well as a restaurant called The Grilled Cheese (absoulutely yum!).  At Lettuce Knit, I discovered many Canadian Indie Dyers and I wanted to leave with just about EVERYTHING!  Suffice it to say, I was reasonably good and left with a skein of Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts 100% BFL Yarn in the colourway Le Chat Noir and a set of fixed circular needles from ChiaoGoo (6US/100cm).  The yarn is so much softer and squishier than I thought it would be.


We then went down to Romni Wool.  Let's just say it was hard to leave with only 1 skein but I did it.  It was Regia World Ball Color Schachenmyer Nomotta (I think).  It's discontinued and I had to guestimate on the name of the colourway since it only had numbers on the ball label.  When I compared it to other skeins I saw on Ravelry, I looked like the colourway Madrid so we'll pretend that's exactly what it is.


JB also brought me a gift of mini-skeins to add to my Sock Blankie.  I haven't used any of them yet but give me time.  I know there's some self-striping yarn that I'm looking forward to using it. 


She even added some stitch markers she had made.  They are such a bright orange it's next to impossible to miss them but somehow I managed to misplace and not find it until the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment