Wednesday 6 May 2015

Off week?

Quality time with mom
It's sad that my mother is recovering from a broken wrist but I must say that I love getting to spend time with her.  She just can't stay at home though.Twice this week she comes to my room and tells me that we're going out.  Monday we made it to Promenade Mall, close to our old house.  She made sure I came home with 3 dresses, 2 shirts, 3 tank tops and a sweater.  After that, we went out to Swiss Chalet and ate dinner together.  She actually ate something.  Today, she came back to my room and said that we're going out again.  This time we went to Vaughan Mills.  We found 2 dresses that she wanted to get for me.  I wasn't too fond of the price so we decided we'd come back later and hope that they were on clearance or sale.  We went to 2 more stores out of the mall and we each came home with new purses (mine is awesome and green and can fit a knitting bag so I definitely can't complain).  I told her next time we go out we're not allowed to spend any money or else we'll both be broke.

Happening...
I got a tea to go to.  I have never gone for tea.  I don't even really like tea however this is an opportunity to see some of my old co-workers (and maybe they'll have the option of hot chocolate instead).

WIPS
#BBSC2015
I finished my April socks over a week ago and I pulled out my May sock yarn.  I pretty much stared at the yarn up until Tuesday evening, when I finally cast on a pair of socks.  It wasn't the Maeve socks like I planned.


I'm doing the Cabled Helix Socks by Karen Buhr (I had done the test knit for the pattern last year) and the yarn is Groverkill by Indigodragonfly.  I refused to go to bed until I finished the cuff.  I started on the leg this morning and it's coming along well.

Soft Stones Sweater KAL
I casted on the Soft Stones Sweater by Ela Torrente last Thursday night.  It's coming along well but I'm still on the first section.  I had hoped to be further along before this upcoming Friday since I'm supposed to be starting the Quick Silver on Friday.

#100DayChallenge - Sock Yarn Blankie
For the first time since I started this challenge I not only missed one day but I ended up missing 2 in a row.  I came home after my last exam on Friday, talked with my mom while preparing food for church the next day and then promptly went to sleep.  I didn't wake up until the next morning.  On Saturday, I went to church and after we came home, we left again to go and visit a family friend and didn't come back home until almost 1 o'clock in the morning.  Believe me, knitting was the last thing on my mind was adding in a square.

I didn't even attempt to make any extras to make it up.  What's done is done but I got myself back on track and made progress on Sunday.


I do have somewhat of a picture of the current state (before the last added squares).  It's too big for me to take a full picture.  It's almost all 4 squares deep!  I am very proud of the progress that has been made.


I haven't managed to finish anything this week and I've been good and haven't added anything to my stash.  I nearly did though but it turned out I already had the pattern in my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment