Wednesday 8 April 2015

Another week of knitting

Surprisingly (no...not really) I have no FOs this week but I do have a lot of progress, or at least I think so.

Works in Progress
I have 2 pairs of socks on the needles that I am loving like crazy.  Last week I casted on the non-April socks.  I have passed the heel for both of them since I am knitting both socks of the same time.  I tried on 1 foot and it fits pretty good but it feels like it could be tighter closer to the ankles.  I'm not sure how I'd accomodate since my calves require a 72 stitch count and so does the area before my toes.  The rest of my foot is slimmer but how do you accomodate that and still be able to put on sock?


I am in love with this yarn.  I had to stop myself from buying another skein online last payday since there's a plan for the end of the month which does not involve me ending up with a ton of yarn with no money left.

Anyways, sock #1 of the Vanilla Latte socks is almost done.  I'm pretty certain I have less than an inch left before starting the toe :)  I was going to finish the sock tonight but somehow I got distracted with watch "19 Kids and Couting".



Kinda random but not quite
On Instagram there's a 100 day challege that started on April 6th (so I'm a day behind).  To participate, I pulled our my Sock Blankie and decided to do a square a day for the next 100 days.  Quite possible since I'm at home every evening and it doesn't take long to do a square as it is.  I have a lot of left over stash plus mini skeins to go through.  I'm pretty sure there's still going to be a lot of work to add to it after the 100 days but here Day #1's challenge:


Wow, those pictures did not turn out the way I wanted tehm to.  Got to work on that.

As I was saying before, I'll finish up this square before I go to my bed tonight and get it ready for a new square tomorrow (aka: pick out the next colour ready to go)

No comments:

Post a Comment