Monday 13 April 2015

This week in my Knitting Life

This week has actually been pretty good in general.  My birthday passed and I didn't work on it either.  I spent it with family.  I had a blast with my much 2 of my brothers and my sister.  My dad and step-mother and the kids took me out to dinner.  When I got back home, I took selfies with just about every member of my family, looked through a ton of old pictures that my grandfather had.

I had my last day of work for Target Canada and I couldn't be happier.  It was a great place before liquidation started.  After it did, the customers seemed drastically different than the ones that used to come into the store before and it just made work no longer fun.  I got an email about a job the day before my last day, did a successful phone interview and I have a group interview on this upcoming Friday

#100DayChallenge
I spend way too much on Instgram.  That is a given.  I love to go through the Explore tab and this time I saw the #100DayChallenge.  Basically it's about starting a new habit or challenge for 100 days, take pictures and put it on Instagram and tag it....so I've got the first one going pretty good and the picture taking part but I think I'm going to nix putting it on Instagram because putting pictures of knitting squares seems kind of repetitive after the 2nd day.  And the reason for the repetitiveness is because I decided to add a square a day on my Sock Square Blankie.



I am liking doing this.  There has already been a day where I added 3 instead of just 1.  I still have to do a square a day no matter how many I went over the day before.  I can see a lot of progress being done on this project by the end of the 100 days.

I also added onto the challenge to drink water at least once a day.  I have a tendancy to drink a lot of soda and juice and if that's not available or the water is not room temperature, I have been know to just not drink anything at all for the day.  And since I got this cute tumbler from Target (one of my final purchases) with a feather on it, I drink at least one of these a day.  It also doubles as an alarm clock first thing in the morning.

WIPs
If I haven't been working on my Sock Square Blankie, I have been working on the Vanilla Latte socks.  I just finished the toe on Saturday night and tried the sock on.  I absolutely love it.  The FLK heel I did was the absolute best I have ever done.  I only have 1 little hole on the side but I'm working on perfecting my technique.  The sock yarn I'm using is from my stash.  I wish I had more...or that Knitpicks still made the colourway but now I do want to get other varigated sock yarns from Knitpicks.  It's been awhile since I've made an order.  We'll see.



I haven't done anything for the Plain Stripy socks but if I do manage to get the Vanilla Latte socks done this week (crossing my fingers that I do), I'll get cracking on them afterwards.

Stash Enhancements
A few weeks ago, while watch The Canadian Knitter Podcast on Youtube, Sarah mentioned a thread to watch on Ravelry called **Patterns: Sales and Promos.  It has now become a thread I check every day.  From there, I have found lovely patterns that are discounted for initial release (and sometimes that means free!).  From stalking the thread I have aquired:
I think I'm on a "let's put it around the neck" kick.

Sarah mentioned specifically mentioned a pattern called FivebySix by Ellen Kardell.  It's free until April 13th so I took advantage.

On it's way
This is a wonderful week (or 2) for the mailbox for me.  I got a email notification that the first month of the Firefly: The Shiny Club by Penguin Soup is on it's way.  You can't see meright now but there is a huge grin on my face.

On top of that I went on Etsy and purchased a set of stitch markers by Creations by Uli.  I saw a set that she had made for Fibres West.  It had an Eiffle tower on it.  I love anything that reminds me of France (I'm also have a hankering to decorate my room in a Parisian theme and eventually get around to it). I just had to get, even though it's been weeks.

And because while scoping Etsy after my Creations by Uli purchase, I saw that a Rainbow Sock yarn by Nicole C. Mendez was available...so eventhough I said I was not going to be making any purchases due to an event at the end of the month, I saw the total for a tree stitch marker and the yarn and including shipping it was less than $24 including shiping.  So that's on it's way too.

On the other hand...
I need to pick out a pair of socks for early Friday morning.  I have no clean handknit socks.  I am half way through quite a few pairs.  I'm really wanting to wear the Vanilla Latte socks that I'm currently working on but I don't know if I'll finish it within the week.  I know I could get the Plain Ol' Stripy socks (Part Deux) done in time but I'm not sure if those are the ones I want to wear.

Knitting First World Problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment