Sunday 19 April 2015

All I really want to do is watch Dwayne and Whitley

I came no where close to knitting as much as I wanted to this week.  I guess I had other things on my mind like doing group projects, interview nerves and discovering that Netflix finally has "A Different World" which just absolutely awesome!

WIPS
I thought I would have been able to finish my April socks this week.  That definitely did not happen.  I am only half way through the leg.  There's no point of showing a progress picture of it at all.  I'm still oohing and ahhing over the way the colours are swirling around the socks

My Sock Blankie is the only thing that got constant attention this week.  I added 8 squares throughout the week  I really like some of the square designs I did, especially the stripping ones.  I was kind of bummed that I didn't add a square on Friday.  It was such a long day that I reached home 7p, went to bed about 7:30p and didn't wake up until almost 7a the next day.  I did 2 on Saturday to make it seem a little more balanced to me.












Isn't the pink on pink square adorable?

Stash Enhancement

I did not make any new purchases this week (being broke will do that to you).  This is a week of waiting for orders to come to me!  I got my first skein of yarn from Penguin Soup (aka: Ginny).  She's a Canadian Dyer that I discovered while looking for knitting podcasts.  I think Ginny was the inspiration for wanting self-stripping yarn socks.  I had every intention of buying a skein from her from when I first saw the yarn but being unemployed and then having limited employment makes one have to think twice on what money is spent on - darn transportation needs...

When I saw that Ginny was doing a Firefly yarn club called Firefly: The Shiny Club, I felt the need to finally get my toes wet in Penguin Soup yarn.  The first skein arrived on Wednesday and it is gorgeous.  Let me say one thing though, I hate sparkle.  I have always associated it with little girls, girly-girls, drag queens and Michael Jackson.  I do not fit into any of those catagories however I'm pretty certain my little sister is going from a little girl to a girly girl and she ADORES sparkly things.  I had one exception and that is for a diamond.  It's my birthstone and I want the diamond to be as sparkly as it wants to be as long as rest is generally sedate...wow, I kinda went off topic there.  Back to matter at hand...I don't like sparkles.

There is now another exception.  I like sparkles on the skein of Penguin Soup yarn I got this week.  It's no where close to overpowering and it so much nicer quality that a skein of yarn that I had previously purchased and ended up using for socks for my aunt.  She loved it.  I hated kntting with it and the sparkles were coming off on my hands.


This skein of Kaylee inspired sock yarn called "She'll Fool Ya!" is staying mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment