Saturday 8 March 2014

Year of Projects: Week 37


What wonderful progress I have made on my Stitch Surfer socks. I didn't finish the second sock like I wanted but that's okay with me. 


I'm pretty sure I can finish the sock quite quickly. I already have the yarn to make another pair.


I finally got my second bag from KnittersBag. Took a bit longer to get to my house this time but that's okay. I'm think I'm alright for bags for now. I think my future purchasing will be for stash building.

Isn't amazing when you find out how doable a project really is? There has been this fingering weight sweater I have been wanting to do since last summer and I have been putting off even thinking about it since it was going to be a lot of yarn and I didn't have the requirements.  I was reading something about Elizabeth Zimmerman's book, Knitting Without Tears, which led into her revolutionizing how locked into a pattern you have to be. It made me think about this sweater. I looked up the yardage requirement for the sweater and much to my surprise, I can get it done within 3 skeins; leaving me with enough yarn to make a pair of socks with the remains. For less than $80, including shipping directly from the dyer, I can make the sweater I want plus a pair of socks. I think I might have finalized my summer project.


6 comments:

  1. The socks are fabulous and so nearly finished. I have also been finding with the bigger projects that I use much less than is stated - so I always have some left for at least one smaller project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the third to say... AWESOME socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look just incredible! Love them! Are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete