Saturday 1 March 2014

Year of Projects: Week 36


I've been working on only one project for the past week; my Stitch Surfer socks. I finished one foot and casted on for the second foot.


Yup, I'm going for a mismatched pair. I pulled out my leftover yarn from my first skein of MissBabs Cosmic Handpainted in the colourway Inkwell. I was doing well until I was getting ready to start surfing right, and my wrap and turns started to split.  I did a bit of Frankenstein-ing. Good thing this part goes on the bottom of the sock. I may be able to finish the sock this week.

6 comments:

  1. Those Stitch Surfer socks look great and I like mis-matched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mis-matched is good - they are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks totally amazing so far! And matchy-matchiness is highly overrated, or so my 11 year niece would tell you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a fancy pair of socks! You've got skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great socks and how mis-matched can then be when you use the same colors...very creative!

    ReplyDelete