Saturday 29 March 2014

Year of Projects: Week 40


It has been an excellent knitting related week. I randomly decided to pick up my Mint Twist socks from December and finished the first sock.


The stockinette foot was dead boring to do. I made it through it. I still want to make these socks again however, I found another sock that is pretty plain and toe up called Lothlorien by Janel Laidman. I love the design on the toe and I think it could go well with the Mint Twist. I even counted out the stockinette rows I did for the first sock and it can fit before the toe begins.

Onto other knitting related news: I had ordered another skein from Wollmeise in Twin in the "colourway" of Natur. It just arrived this past Wednesday...and I was having a nap when the mailman came. It took 2 days to get to the post office to get it back. It is lovely and I'm not going to dye it. I'm planning on using it for a colourwork sock or knee highs.


After working with the Manos del Uraguay yarn for the Mint Twist, I had to get another skein. I tried for closer LYS's to where I live but none of them seemed to carry it so I ended up in my other LYS in Hamilton, Handknit Yarn Studios. I didn't really have any colour in mind other than not yellow or red or blue. Believe me, I have quite a bit of that. So this skein (A8720) has pale blue, pale yellow, soft gold and a hint of a light green instead :)


And as a bonus, I got this artistic looking shot on the concrete stoop at the side of my church while waiting for someone to open the door.

Last thing! I bought a new knitting bag. This time I ordered it from Sew for Ewe on Friday and I love the design on it. It's a medium sized wedge bag with Star Wars comics all over it! I'll save the picture of it when I get it, instead of copying it from the shop.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my...I am in love with that Alegria--such beautiful and buttery colors. New bags are exciting --I just shared my new one on my blog yesterday--they lift my spirits and I can't wait to see yours!
    Have a wonderful knitterly week--
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a beautiful? I'm already trying to plot to get more in that same kind of a colourway. Ooh! [the bag] I am going to go check out the new bag you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your sock colors are making me drool! Those are my next 2 pair for sure. I'm back on my sock knitting now and plan to stay there. Not only do I need the practice but I need socks! I'm planning on making some knitting bags as I am running out of places and I want pretty ones too. I sew so I can't see buying them when (if I would get off my duff) I can make them myself. I can't wait to see yours. Have you ever seen Susan Anderson's blog? She's always showcasing pretty bags and yarns. I hope I get as good as you in the sock knitting department! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see the bags you sew. I can barely sew a button on and have it look decent. I do check out Susan Anderson's blog every once in awhile but I will admit I have not checked in recently.

      I have had to make myself a promise not to go overboard with the yarn purchasing. I even made a schedule for when I'm allowed to.

      I'd love to see the socks you knit when you really get back into sock knitting...which should be just about now! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Love your mint twists! Looks like the fit is perfect. I hear you on all that boring stockinette, but I bet they're smooth and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fit is excellent. I don't know if I even notice the difference for the smoothness and comfiness.

      Delete