Saturday 22 March 2014

Year of Projects: Week 38 & 39


I have an FO! And not just a half FO 😄


My first Stitch Surfers are done, with just the ends to be woven in. I really do like them. 

I started another pair which are more like a variant. I'm liking the idea of it but I think I'll be more appreciative of it when I finish the first sock.

Remember I made my youngest brother a scarf for his birthday but I forgot to take a picture of it? Well he ran up to me, with a big grin on his face to show me he was wearing it. 


He looks so happy, doesn't he?


I decided to pick up another pair of socks on the needles that I had left over from the Cookie A sock club last year. I missed working on the Mint Twist socks. I also really miss working with the yarn. I believe it's Manos del Uraguay. It's definitely going on the growin list of "yarns that must be in my stash".

Last thing! Response for a comment from a couple of weeks ago, the sweater is called Folded by Veera Valimaki (there are some accents on the name but I couldn't get it on my phone).

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I still want to make another pair at a later date.

      Delete
  2. Your brother does look happy in his birthday scarf! Love the socks, especially the stitch surfers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the socks! I think Malabrigo and Manos belong on everyone's list of yarns that must be in your stash. It's just such a pleasure to knit with lovely yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brothers are definitely on the knitworthy list. I haven't actually knit with Malabrigo yet. I'm not even remotely wanting to use Malabrigo for socks but now that I like shawls...that opens up a whole new set of options.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Those Stitch Surfers look wild! And difficult! Your brother sure does look happy--it is always rewarding to know knitted gifts are appreciated.
    Have a wonderful week...
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, the Stitch Surfers are not difficult. The only little bit of confusion (or at least for me) was the instructions for the heel. An easier way to do them, is to look for the Knitabulls Podcast. Diane (the podcaster) did a 3 episode tutorial for these socks. It was a lot of help.

      Delete
  5. Your socks look great and how cute is he in his stylish scarf? I love the way the first pair of socks colored. I need some new yarn and love the color of the second pair of socks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so biased and I think he is so handsome. Yes...work on the stash building.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know Manos had sock yarn. It looks great. I like your brother's mohawk. Very rebellious and cool. That sock pattern is somethin' out of this world. What an unusual construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! It's called Allegra. I don't know how rebellious the hairstyle is when his mother's a hairdresser and is more than willing to cut it for him. It suits him though.

      Delete