Sunday 10 November 2013

Year of Projects: Week 20


Not much has been done this week knitting wise.


I randomly decided to start the second sock for the Dark Isle socks I started way back when. I'm a little bit further on than shown in the above picture.  I can't wait to have them on feet!

I frogged the Circe socks I was working on last week. I was completely off for the foot chart and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I had to battle with the library's ball winder and that caused even more of a headache but the yarn is somewhat saved and will be used again for the Circe socks.

After the dismay of the Circe socks, I actually picked up the Istanbul socks and made some progress on it. I'm on the toe for the first sock. I don't have a picture of it this week since that would require unpacking some stuff I don't want to deal with until tomorrow.

I also caked the yarn for the Vamp socks. It's the lovely Blood Orange colourway from Sweet Georgia Yarns.  


Makes sense for vampire inspired socks right?

On a more personal point, I finally got a job! It's seasonal and it's part time but it's at least a start :)


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job - you never know what it might lead to!
    The colour of the yarn is gorgeous and completely apt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was a good idea to save that yarn :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! Go You! The Dark Isle Sock is so pretty, I love the purple/blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job and a start is all you need, hope it goes well. Great job on the socks and I love the red for vampire socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now it's just a matter of starting the socks

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the job that's great news. That blue patterned sock looks great, you must have loads of patience! The book orange is a fan colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do a double check for a sec. You meant Blood Orange, not book? I didn't go looking through the threads for Oct/Nov for the sock club at all so I have no idea what colours everyone else is choosing.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the job! I love the colour for the vampire socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you on the job! I love the Dark Isle....I would love to be able to do that type of color design someday. Also, the blood orange yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Knit the socks! It's much easier than you think. My next colourwork socks is floating between the Tree of Life socks (which I do have enough yarn for) and the Firebird socks (which I do not have enough yarn for) both by Janel Laidman. Either one is going to be much more complicated than what I've done so far.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful news on the job..seasonal or not. I am a huge fan of the fang so am looking forward to see the vampire socks. I'm a bit frightened by Fair Isle patterns..I'm also not very good at picking up long ago projects..so congrats on both.. mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just in a mood to have more pairs of socks and what's faster than finishing a pair that's already half way done? I'm just feeling the itch to cast on more socks. I'm trying to tell myself no and to wait.

      Delete
  8. Seasonal and part time are better than otherwise. so congrats. And you'll have time to look for the full-time permanent, right? The colourwork socks are gorgeous. It's 1° C here .. I'd like those on my feet too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to look at what the temperature is here. I'm still in denial.

      Delete
  9. That's one of the nicest blood oranges I've seen. Can't wait to see it in socks.

    ReplyDelete