Tuesday 11 June 2013

Come-a-long Update


The Tulips have finally been finished. It was my only...no one of the only - projects I worked on in the past week. They are slouchy in the leg because I should have gone for a smaller size but I don't care.  They'll be like my Monkey socks which are great for wearing around the house.  What makes me prouder is that I dyed the yarn all by myself (and I have no notes as to how I did it in the first place so I can't repeat the process).  


I made a joke about all I would have to do to make me feel more accomplished was to raise the sheet and spin the yarn from it's wool.  Someone thought I actually spun the the yarn.  I am definitely not at that point yet.

The other project I was working on was the Anklet.  And I don't have enough yarn to make it to the toe.  Therefore I am going to have to go to the ball that the cuff and heel came from, take off mini balls of yarn (because whoever donated the ball to the library knitting circle and then to me seemed to cut randomly into the ball and I can make little balls around 2g a pop) and do part of the foot as well.  I don't think I'm looking forward to repeating that for the second foot.

Once the Tulips were done, I immediately casted on for a new pair of socks for the Sock Club.  I am doing the Spock Socks, in a science officer blue (because that is the only colour that make sense).


I'm still trying to decide between to balls of yarn for a Command yellow for the other pair for the month called the Tiberius (obviously in reference to Capt. James. T. Kirk).  

This on is a Knitpicks Stroll Tonal in Golden Glow.

This one will require more work as in an overdye. This one is from Tanis Fiber Arts, Blue Label in Buttercup.

Suggestions?

Projects Completed for 2013:

WIPs:

11 comments:

  1. Love both the sock and colour of the Tulip, well done on getting the complete. Looking forward to seeing the Spock Socks, the blue is great looking. I thought I fancied the Golden Glow over the Buttercup but the Buttercup is just so sunny and bright lol that was a lot of help !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm starting I think I should just save the Buttercup for another pair of socks. It's just not the right kind of yellow and I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up if I overdye it and it ends up not being a golden colour. I've had the Goldenglow sitting in a drawer for over a year. It's about time I use it. We'll really see what happens when I actually cast on for the Tiberius.

      Delete
  2. I'd do the Goldenglow myself if I had the choice. Though it seems my mom is going to help me dye some yarn for my Tiberius socks.

    And I *love* your tulips! Amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in the club tok Jessica? Do you post updates on your blog?

      I really love the colour for the Tulips but I just wish I remember what I did to get it in the first place.

      Delete
    2. I am in the club. I'm horrible at checking email and yes, my blog does post updates when I get around to writing them. I'm overdue for one any day now. I'm determined to get to the heel of my right pirouette first.

      Delete
    3. Off to read your updates :D

      Delete
    4. And there are now updates to read! :D And I *will* have the pirouette finished by this weekend so I can write about that!

      Delete
  3. you should be proud of your tulip socks...the color is great as is the pattern..I think I prefer golden glow also..can't wait to see all the star trek themed socks! How fun..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish there were more to choose from, not just colour work socks. This means I need to learn how to design. I just thought of an idea for Sulu. I need to go watch the movies again for more ideas.

      Delete
  4. Love the Tulips! And being a Star Trek fan I loved you references. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all Levar Burton's fault. I used to watch him on PBS doing Reading Rainbow and then see a man who looked just like him with a banana clip on his face talking about nassal tubes.

      Thank-you!

      Delete