Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Walk Home

The design ideas are still going around in my head.

While walking home after Tuesday's Knitting Circle looking at everything on the side of the road and occasionally pulling out my phone and taking pictures. I took this picture:


And thought of Star Trek, yet again, Voyageur, to be specific and then Kes puttering away in the hydroponics bay. So now if I do a primarily leaf like design  I think I should call it The Hydroponics Bay.

Future inspiration for either dyeing yarn or design patterns below:
1 - are those daisies?
2 - what kinda plant is this?
3 - city weeds
4 - pretty weeds

With the whole design ideas fluttering around in my mind, I casted on to try out an idea. I pulled out the smallest 1US needles I had (16" circular Hiya Hiya), casted on 70 sts and started on the ribbing. I pulled out my copy of Cookie A's Sock Innovation and took her suggestion of sketching out the pattern. I have a very loose idea for it so I pulled out some graph paper and started with some basic knits and purls. We'll see where this thing goes.


That was one attempt with just knits and purls but I'm not really liking it. I'm trying again with yarn overs and decreases. I also sketched out one with cables. As I said before, we'll see how this thing goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment