Tuesday 18 June 2013

So I sat and I knit.

Yesterday felt like it was disorienting.  The service to my cell phone got cut off (but I was expecting that any day now).  I forgot the cell phone in my room while running out to go and join my mother for her doctor's appointment and other various errands (even without service, I can still use the iPhone as an iPod).

I did manage to grab my Spock Socks before I left for the day.  So while my mother drove to pick up her cousin, I knit.  When we reached to the doctor's office and waited for the doctor to call her in, I complained about her not feeding me and I knit.  After awhile, I no longer wanted to knit.


I pulled out my notebook and started sketching out my idea of a Sulu based sock.  I am not sure if I mentioned it here or on Ravelry about it.  I wrote down some notes on it and started on another (attempt at a) design that I think I would call From Seven to Annika, based on Seven of Nine from Star Trek Voyageur.  I am really liking it to.  Execution might be a little fuzzy right now though.  I also came up with a rough sketch for another pair of socks that I would call Janeway.  There is not a single Star Trek logo in sight for any of these and with the exception of Janeway, no colourwork either.

I'm debating whether or not I'd dye the yarn for From Seven to Annika but that would only be required if the pattern and the testing is successful.  Let's see how far this will actually go.  I hope that by the end of this year, I can have at least one of these as a potential pattern, perhaps with test knitters as well.

2 comments:

  1. My husband wants to know when I'm going to start designing socks. I'm extremely intimidated by it but totally inspired by this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it can't hurt to try, especially if you've knit quite a few pairs of socks and you understand the basic construction of them. I guess I'm more worried about the design panel than anything else.

      Delete