Monday 3 June 2013

Come-a-long Update


I think I have startitis.


I didn't finish anything this week other than A baby sock which I thought I lost while in Niagara Falls this week but it was later found in the bottom of my purse.  This tells me I really need  to clean out my purse more often.


However, I did start an anklet sock which I think is coming along nicely. I really like the colour combination. I've decided to go mismatch-y for this pair since I don't have enough of the main colour for a pair. I'll keep the contrast colour the same and choose a somewhat similar colour for the main colour on the second foot.  I did find out which yarn and colourway I got for the this anklet.  It's a Fleece Artist BFL in the colourway Daffodil.  I don't know if they still make it.  I would love to get a full skein of it.


I've already found the colours for my next set of anklets but it is going to be matched.  I still need to find a contrast colour to go along with it.  I'm still unsure if I like the one I picked out. Heck! I'm not sure that I even have enough to do the contrast colours. I want to find a good solid colour.


So I still have to start the heel flap for my Tulip Socks. My mind has been on other sock related things since Monday and other life occurrences.


The other WIPs are still WIPs and haven't even had a single stitch added. I should also be getting the next pattern for the sock club in about a week. So at the very least, the Tulips need to be done.

I have been thinking about what kind of sock projects I want to do for 2014-2015 year and I have been thinking about going through the Enchanted Sole book...because I don't have enough to do. This would mean I would spend the next year or so, building up a stash in either undyed yarn to dye it myself OR whatever yarn strikes my fancy and my wallet.


2 comments:

  1. Your baby sock is just to cute and I love the anklets, I've not done anklets yet and this gives me ideas anyway I digress. Love your idea of mismatchy ones. Your Tulip socks are gorgeous, love the shade of yarn and best of luck getting your yarn together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing the things we find in the bottom of our purses... Great job on all the socks, even if your not going to be matchy matchy....I love socks a little different..

    ReplyDelete