Sunday 16 June 2013

Come-a-Long Blog Update


While I didn't do as much knitting as I would like to have done this week, I did do quite a bit.


I started and restarted a new set of socks, Spock Socks, which was mentioned on the last update.  They're coming along nicely but not as quickly as I had hoped.  I just didn't feel as much of an urge to knit and if I forced it, it just wouldn't be fun and it would go the way of the Ernie Socks which were given away.  I have no intention of giving away these socks.


After looking through the Cookie Sock Club group of Ravelry, I saw some other participants doing the Tiberius.  I am really wanting to cast on for those. Someone suggested just doing them both at the same time.  Both the Spock Socks and the Tiberius Socks use the same sized needles.  While I do have a set of circular needles in the size required, I have been preferring DPNs a lot.  I managed to find a set of metal needles I didn't even remember I had.  I'm going to try out the Tiberius on that and see if it will work for me.  If not, I've got the circulars as a back up and I hope to have some pictures to show for it next week, other than the needles and the yarn.

The end of the Come-a-Long Blog year is coming up and when July hits, another year will start again, under the name Year of Projects (because that name is much easier to remember for me).  Also, I have joined another year long set of projects called The 26 Pair Plunge.  It's a sock knitting challenge.  It's really 52 but they give an option for 26 so I'm taking that instead, especially since I've never even managed to do 12 pairs in a year, much less 52.  Both the Year of Projects and 26 Pair Plunge can work very well together.

The list as of yet for the 26 Pair Plunge is as follows:
  • August, October and December Sock Club Socks 2013 (6) 
  • February, April and June Sock Club Socks 2014 (6)
  • WIP socks that are half way done [Dark Isle, Stitch Surfer, Bex, Baby Socks] (4)
  • Anklet Sock Stash (7)
  • Tree of Life or Firebird by Janel Laidman (1)
  • Socks that strike my fancy (2)
I still have to decide what additional projects other my current WIPs to add to the list for the Year of Projects but I expect the list to be up by the July 7th post.

Despite the fact that I no longer have my old Paintshop Pro, I came up with a couple of banners; one for the Year of Projects and one for 26 Pair Plunge:

5 comments:

  1. I find when I'm not in the mood to knit I just leave it be for a day or two and the love comes back, otherwise like you I'd be forcing it and thats worse. Hope the Tiberius works out good for you. I only knit socks on dpn's and I know I should try out the magic look and circular but I just love dpn's to much lol. Looking forward to seeing all your socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing them all too. I just have to make sure I photograph them all. It would be cool to do a little album with all the ones I've done.

      I may just get started on the Tiberius tomorrow, depending how into my Spock socks I get tonight.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to knit my first socks--was on my list for yop2 but now will go on list for year 3! I am in love with that buttery colored yarn...so,so pretty.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look pretty and it did knit up well when I was attempting to use it for the Rick Socks last year,

      Good luck on your first pair of socks for next year's YOP.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, those spock socks are gorgeous, the blue yarn is really lovely and goes with the pattern perfectly

    ReplyDelete