Monday 17 June 2013

The WANT List

Signature Needles
 I do love knitting with wooden DPNs however this would be a dream set of needles to own in both 2.25mm and 2.5mm, my usual size needles for sock knitting.  I have been hearing nothing but good things for the people who have been able to get them.  I want to be one of those people.

Signature Needles Set
Yes, I do have these twice for a specific reason; I am anticipating the love.  I'd definitely add in another set of 2.25 and 2.5mm sized needles, 2 sets of 3US, a 4 and a 5US.  That should be able to tide me over.

Jessalu Knitting Bag
I have a non-secret love for containers...any kind of containers.  So a useful knitting can only be beneficial, right? Throw in artful and useful bags, I'm in container heaven.

Image of Regular Box Bag - Star Trek Characters
With my love of Star Trek, why in the world wouldn't I want this?  She even ranges to Downton Abbey and Dr. Who.  I think I'll need quite a few of these; for the multiple sock projects I'll be travelling with and the massive amounts of Signature Needles I'll own.

Proper Ball Winder
 The ball winder I had was good when I got it.  I paid $20 bucks for it and I got my money's worth.  The table mount broke on me earlier on this year.  While I have been using the grip handle it also came with in the mean time, I much prefer the table mount.  I have to look into a better quality one, meant to last for more than a year,.

A desk and an extra bookcase
 Seems simple enough, right? I just don't have the space for these things in my current accommodations and furniture set up. I have a lot of extra crap in my book shelf that is taking up valuable real estate.  A lot of this can be taken care of with a good clearing but I didn't intend for the Expedite Bookcase to have any other books other than knitting related books.  My other bookcase, that I am convinced is older than my 30+ years has had 2 busted shelves for as long as I can remember.  I am not really willing to invest time and materials in a low quality bookcase that has seen better days.  I really just want a simple bookcase that I can place all my novels in and other various books.

A desk would be useful to put a computer and to write on.  I don't own one of those, other than my lap; not very comfortable.

Indigodragonfly MCN Sock Yarn
I went to the Purple Purl in Toronto specifically to purchase one skein of Indigodragonfly Sock Yarn.  The reason?  I love the names of the yarn.  I left with my first Purple Purl purchase of a skein of Indigodragonfly MCN Sock Yarn in Groverkill.  It's still sitting my my stash and is primarily for petting purposes right now.  I finally did manage to knit with a skein when I received the same sock yarn from the Cookie Sock Club 2013 in the colourway E Pluribus Nom Nom Nom.  It feels even better to wear the socks.  Now? Every colourway in MCN wanted in my stash.

Tanis Fiber Arts Yarn
I love the idea of locally made products.  I'll even go as far to say all over Canada, since that is the country where I was born and raised.  I do have a strong preference for it.  When I started knitting again a couple of years back, I was introduced to the Canadian Indie Dyer, Tanis Fiber Arts (let's just be clear, I have never had the privilege of meeting the actual Tanis).  Let me just say that it feels lovely.  I would love for this to be an on hand stash, meaning anytime I felt the whim to cast on something new, I would have many various skeins already in my possession to do so.   I had a skein sitting in my stash from the Purple Purl for almost a 6 months, and then bought 2 more skeins and let it sit there for another 6 months before I finally started using it.  I just want to be able to do the yarn justice with a proper sock.  So it's getting it's chance on the Spock Socks (aka: ...fascinating).

Wollmeise Twin
I don't know about buying it directly from the shop since it updates at times when I'd prefer to sleep, however a lot of people do destashes on Ravelry.  I'd love to have a multi coloured stash of Wollmeise Twin Sock Yarn just waiting for me to knit socks with.

Wooden Yarn Bowl
 I have been seeing yarn bowls all over Ravelry and I would love to have one, in a knitting corner, with a comfy chair, end table and table lamp for when the sun sets and I need good lighting.  As you can clearly tell, I have my knitting nook all planned in my head.  It could definitely also double as an art piece on the Expedite Shelving system.

Jars
 I love interesting containers. Even a vase would do. The jars would just be for display purposes that I can pluck a ball of sock yarn leftovers from at any moment. Perfect for display on the Expedite Shelving system.

A Card Catalogue Cabinet.
 After seeing someone stashing their sock yarn inside a card catalogue cabinet, I decided I need one of these things.  And then I saw the price for them and thought "pipe dream". I did another search and saw a DIY project to make a Card Catalogue Cabinet.  I definitely want to make one of these instead of buying one.
How To Build A Card Catalog at Not Just A Housewife Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment