Sunday 23 June 2013

Come a-Long Blog Update


This week was another Spock Sock week. I didn't even make it to the heel flap. I have about an inch to go before that part starts. I can't wait!


In a weak moment, this week I believe, despite the fact I have many WIPs, I casted on for the Tiberius socks. I haven't made it past the cuff yet so I have a long way to go.


I haven't touched any other knitting related projects this week, which I guess is fine for now and will be placed on the next Year of Projects.

I am going on a trip in just over a week from now. We have a church conference in Omaha, Nebraska coming up. This is one of the few states I have never been in. And since this is a road trip with about 13 hours of driving each way, I need to pack a knitting bag. I've managed to narrow it down to the Spock Socks, the Anklets and the Shapely Boyfriend. I think that will be enough on the knitting front. 

I'm also loading up my iPhone with podcasts and such to keep my ears entertained. I got the History of England, How Did This Get Made?, and the Sticks & Strings podcasts. Anyone have any additional suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. Spocks Socks are looking great and can't wait to see more on the Tiberius. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do hope that I'll have 1 sock finished at the absolute least by the time I get back from the trip.

      Delete
  2. Have fun on the trip..with the hot weather..socks are the only thing to knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing I'm not looking forward, the hot weather. I feel like I'm already suffering while in Southern Ontario. I'm going to have to camp out by the air conditioner for the Midwest.

      Delete
  3. The Spock socks are looking great, I love the pattern. And enjoy your trip, lot of good knitting time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I do plan to spend quite a bit of time knitting in various air conditioned locals.

      Delete
  4. The cables look awesome, would think those could be tough car projects..with the extra do dads needed..cable holder etc. I left one I really liked on a plane..was so irritated then I couldn't work on the project the rest of the trip. Travel safe and have fun. Apparently I'm a week behind. Tried to post what I thought was to be our last 2013 YOP and the thread is locked, with today being the end of the month I thought this was the end...not the beginning.
    YOP 2013 Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spock socks don't have any cables so I do t have to worry about losing a cable needle or anything. Hopefully for the Tiberius socks, it's only a 1x1 cable and I won't need any extra doodads.

      Delete