Tuesday 11 June 2013

This is why you should really read the pattern before casting on

I decided to start the Spock socks late yesterday. I am loving the Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label that I'm using in Cobalt (blue=science officer). I made excellent progress too. I finished the setup row and did 4 rows of the leg. It looks so pretty.


I pack up the socks so I can go to bed. As I was shuffling through the pattern, I happened to catch a sentence in the setup that I missed before.

I was supposed to do ribbing for 1". Smacked my head against a soft surface, put everything away and went to my bed.

So I will be undoing all the progress that I made and restarting; this time WITH the 1" of ribbing.

Later on in the day...
I ripped it all back and casted on again with the appropriate ribbing this time.  Now I'm half way through the setup chart.  I don't think it's going to make me feel like I'm making progress until I make it back into the leg chart.

I mentioned it on Ravelry, in the Cookie Sock Club group earlier on this morning and someone made me feel just that little bit better.  At least I noticed it early on as opposed to when I was much farther on the leg.  Also noticed a lot of other clubbers are doing the colours for their socks to match the uniform as well.  I have already decided against using the Blood Orange coloured yarn (as pretty as it is) because in the original series, the red shirts were always the first to go.  I think I'll save the yarn for a non-Star Trek related sock  If it was the Picard sock or something, it would be a totally different story.

On a more personal yarn note so to speak, maybe it's because I feel like I'm going through some kind of withdrawl, especially in the form of funds, I believe I am going to have to sell some of my yarn in my stash.  Perhaps I can get enough to get a set of needles I wanted or to pay off for another one that I ordered that may or may not be arriving around August or September.  Tonight I'm going to be going through what I have that I am willing to part with, that's still in a decent condition and try to price it before putting it up on the Ravelry ISO/Sale boards

No comments:

Post a Comment